The Codex Writers’ Group (aka “Codex”) is an online community of active speculative fiction writers. Codex was created in January 2004.
History and Membership Requirements
Codex was created in January 2004 by Luc Reid, a member of Orson’s Scott Card’s 2001 Literary Boot Camp.  The focus of the group is on writers in the early stages of their careers.  The forum uses the phrase ‘neo-pro’, which they define as “writers who have had a professional publication and / or participated in one of the by-audition-only workshops, but who have not yet sold a great many stories or a number of books. 
The following Codexans have won major awards and / or have books on shelves. A more comprehensive listing of publications by Codex Writers Can be found at the Codex Library Website .
- Steve Bein, author of the “Fated Blades” series 
- John Brown, author of the Dark God series [summer 2009]
- Tobias S. Buckell , author of Crystal Rain , Ragamuffin , and Sly Mongoose
- Aliette de Bodard , author of the Obsidian and Blood books, Nebula and Locus Award winner.
- Nancy Fulda, creator of AnthologyBuilder.com
- David Macinnis Gill , author of InvisibleSun , Black Hole Sun , and Soul Enchilada
- Jim C. Hines , author of the Goblin Quest series
- Elaine Isaak, author of The Singer’s Crown and The Eunuch’s Heir
- Sharon Joss, author of the Hand of Fate and Stars That Make Dark Dark Light
- Sara King , author of the “After Earth” series 
- Alethea Kontis , NYTimes bestselling author of The Dark Hunter Companion , AlphaOops: The Day Z Went First and Beauty & Dynamite
- James Maxey, author of the Bitterwood series
- Judson Roberts, author of the Strongbow Saga series
- Diana Rowland , Author of the Demon series (Mark of the Demon [Bantam, June 2009], Blood of the Demon [Bantam, February 2010], Secrets of the Demon [DAW, January 2011]) and the forthcoming White Trash Zombieseries [ DAW 2011]
- Lawrence M. Schoen , author of the Amazing Conroy series of stories, and founder of the Klingon Language Institute
- Ken Scholes, author of The Psalms of Isaak series [Jan 2009]
- Edmund R. Schubert , Orson Scott’s InterGalactic Medicine Show ( IGMS ), and How To Write Magical Words: A Writer’s Companion
Codexians Whose work has-been or will be published in the Writers of the Future anthology include Stewart C. Baker, Steve Bein, Aliette de Bodard, Matt Dovey, Scott Roberts, Eric James Stone, Ken Scholes, Diana Rowland, David Goldman, Sharon Joss Michael Livingston, Floris Kleijne, Andrew Gudgel, Lon Prater, William Katz, Brad Beaulieu, Luc Reid, Matt Champine, Tom Pendergrass, Robert Defendi, Joy Marchand, Matt Rotundo, and Jim Hines.