The Northeast Ohio Master of Fine Arts Program ( NEOMFA ) is a three-year graduate degree consortium creative writing program located in Northeast Ohio . The NEOMFA has a unique collaborative design in which students are expected to come together: Cleveland State University , The University of Akron , Kent State University , and Youngstown State University . Poet Mary Biddingeris current director of the program. Students are able to take classes at any of the four campuses, while being part of one unified writing program. The NEOFMA offers courses in poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, playwriting, and literary translation.
Since its inception in 2005, the NEOMFA has offered small-group workshops, open readings, summer travel fellowships, and high-profile visiting writers in addition to career-preparing internships and competitive graduate funding. Students have the opportunity to intern at the university, in theater at the Cleveland Public Theater , and in arts management through outreach programs.
- Poets & Writers on MFA Programs
- AWP Official Guide to Writing Programs
- Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences at The University of Akron
- Department of English at Kent State University
- College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at Cleveland State University
- New Pages Creative Writing Program Listings
- Poets & Writers MFA Programs
- Luna Negra
- Penguin Review
- Rubbertop Review
- Whiskey Island