The War of Art is a 2002 non-fiction book written by the American author Steven Pressfield . Within it, Pressfield highlights the different forms of Resistance faced by artists, entrepreneurs, athletes, and others, who are trying to break through its barriers.      The book has a follow-up titled Do The Work .
The Amazon Book Description says: “A succinct, engaging, and practical guide to succeeding in any creative sphere, The War of Art is nothing less than Sun-Tzu for the soul. “Why is there a naysayer within?” How can we avoid the roadblocks of any creative endeavor-be it starting a dream business venture, writing a novel, or painting a masterpiece? Bestselling novelist Steven Pressfieldidentify the enemy that every one of us must face, outlines a battle plan to conquer this internal foe, then pinpoints just how to achieve the greatest success. The War of Art emphasizes the resolve to recognize and overcome the obstacles of ambition and the effective way to reach the highest level of creative discipline. Think of it as tough love. . . for yourself. Whether an artist, writer or business person, this simple, personal, and non-nonsense book will inspire you to seize the potential of your life. ” 
- Jump up^ “Steven Pressfield Official Website – The War of Art” . Steven Pressfield . Retrieved May 7, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Moore, Suzie. “6 Reasons Critics Are Awesome” . Huffington Post .
- Jump up^ Clark, Val (Aug 2, 2014). “Viva the Resistance” . Dubbo Photonews .
- Jump up^ Carlson, Lucas. “These Are The Avoidable Mistakes Startup Founders Make Again And Again” . Business Insider .
- Jump up^ Pressfield, Steven. “About” . Retrieved May 2, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Official Amazon Page” . Amazon . Retrieved May 6, 2013 .