Resistance is a concept created by American novelist Steven Pressfield That illustrates the universal power That he claims acts contre human creativity .  It was first described in his non-fiction book The War of Art  and elaborated in the follow-up books Do The Work  and Turning Pro ,  and in other essays.  It is also a recurring theme in some of his fiction novels such as The Legend of Vance Bagger  and The Virtues of War . 
Resistance is described in a mythical fashion as a universal force that has one sole mission: to keep things as they are. Pressfield claims that it does not have a personal vendetta against anyone, rather it is simply trying to accomplish its mission.  It is necessary to be rationalizing , inspiring fear and anxiety , emphasizing other distractions that require attention, raising the voice of an inner critic , and much more. It will use any tool to stop creation of an individual, no matter what field is the creation is in. 
Pressfield goes on to claim that Resistance is the most dangerous element to one’s life and dreams since its sole mission is to sabotage aspirations. He explains steps that can be taken to ensure that they survive and that they are able to build their potential. 
Pressfield’s concept of Resistance has-been Cited By authors Such As Seth Godin ,  David Kelley and Tom Kelley ,  Eric Liu and the Lincoln Center Institute ,  Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter ,  and Gina Trapani . 
Psychologist Frederick Heide has cited Pressfield’s book The War of Art and questioned whether “fighting” Resistance is always a helpful metaphor; Heide suggested that such agonistic metaphors could end up “ironically perpetuating the resistance it predicts.”  Nevertheless, Heide noted, such an agonistic approach to resistance remains widespread in psychotherapeutic thinking.  Heide cites a scholarly article that points to some nonagonistic alternative strategies for working with relational psychoanalytic psychotherapy, personal construct therapy, narrative therapy , motivational interviewing, process-experiential therapy , and coherence therapy . 
- Decisional balance sheet
- Immunity to change
- Psychological resistance
- Jump up^ Holiday 2012.
- Jump up^ Pressfield 2002.
- Jump up^ Pressfield 2011a.
- Jump up^ Pressfield 2012.
- Jump up^ For example,Pressfield 2011b.
- Jump up^ Pressfield 1995.
- Jump up^ Pressfield 2004.
- Jump up^ Pressfield 2002, p. 11.
- Jump up^ Pressfield 2002, pp. 4-56.
- Jump up^ Pressfield 2012, p. 74.
- Jump up^ Godin 2010.
- Jump up^ Kelley & Kelley 2013.
- Jump up^ Liu & Noppe-Brandon 2009.
- Jump up^ Kiyosaki & Lechter 2005.
- Jump up^ Trapani 2008.
- Jump up^ Heide 2010, p. 68.
- Jump up^ Heide 2010, p. 79.
- Jump up^ Frankel & Levitt 2006, pp. 220-221.
- Frankel, Ze’ev; Levitt, Heidi M. (September 2006). “Postmodern strategies for working with resistance: problem solving or self-revolution?” (PDF) . Journal of Constructivist Psychology . 19 (3): 219-250. doi : 10.1080 / 13854040600689141 .
- Godin, Seth (2010). Linchpin: are you indispensable? . New York: Portfolio. ISBN 9781591843160 . OCLC 430051358 .
- Heide, Frederick J. (March 2010). “The Agonistic Metaphor in Psychotherapy: Should Customers Battle Their Blues?” Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Training . 47 (1): 68-82. doi : 10.1037 / a0018839 .
- Holiday, Ryan (6 July 2012). “How to turn pro, from the warrior artist, Steven Pressfield” . Forbes . Retrieved 27 July 2015 .
- Kelley, David ; Kelley, Tom (2013). Creative confidence: unleashing the creative potential within us all . New York: Crown Business . ISBN 9780385349369 . OCLC 848756224 .
- Kiyosaki, Robert T .; Lechter, Sharon L. (2005). Rich dad’s before you quit your job: 10 real-life lessons every entrepreneur should know about building a multimillion-dollar business . New York: Warner Business Books . ISBN 0446696374 . OCLC 60705631 .
- Liu, Eric ; Noppe-Brandon, Scott (2009). Imagination first: unlocking the power of possibility . San Francisco: Jossey-Bass . ISBN 9780470382486 . OCLC 317456255 .
- Pressfield, Steven (1995). The legend of Bagger Vance: golf and the game of life . New York: William Morrow and Co. ISBN 0688140483 . OCLC 31045499 .
- Pressfield, Steven (2002). The war of art: winning the inner creative battle . New York: Rugged Land. ISBN 9781590710036 . OCLC 49837985 .
- Pressfield, Steven (2004). The virtues of war: a novel of Alexander the Great . New York: Doubleday . ISBN 0385500998 . OCLC 55095668 .
- Pressfield, Steven (2011a). Do the work !: overcome resistance and get out of your own way . Hastings, NY: Do You Zoom Inc. ISBN 9781936719013 . OCLC 707232622 .
- Pressfield, Steven (20 April 2011b). “Overcome resistance and get out of your own way” . 99u.com . Retrieved 27 July 2015 .
- Pressfield, Steven (2012). Turning pro: tap your inner power and create your life’s work . New York: Black Irish Entertainment. ISBN 9781936891030 . OCLC 798188052 .
- Trapani, Gina (2008). Upgrade your life: the Lifehacker guide to working smarter, faster, better . Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons . ISBN 9780470238363 . OCLC 191090279 .