Creative computing covers the interdisciplinary area at the cross-over of the creative arts and computing . Issues of creativity include knowledge discovery , for example. 
The International Journal of Creative Computing describes creative computing as follows: 
Creative computing refers to a meta-technology to coalesce knowledge in computing and other disciplines. People use computers as aids to creativity and creative-computing topics can reshape the world we know it. Applications are seen in arts , entertainment / games , mobile applications , multimedia , product / web design and other interactive systems .
Creative computing is interdisciplinary in nature and subjects relating to it include applications , development method , evaluation , modeling , philosophy , principles , support environment , and theory . 
The term “creative computing” is used both in the United Kingdom and the United States (eg, at Harvard University  and MIT  ).
A number of university degree programs in Creative Computing exist, for example at:
- University of West London 
- Bath Spa University 
- Falmouth University 
- Goldsmiths, University of London  
- Queen Mary, University of London 
- Wrexham Glyndŵr University 
The International Journal of Creative Computing is a quarterly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by Inderscience Publishers , covering creativity in computing and the other way around. The editor-in-chief is Hongji Yang ( Bath Spa University ).
The journal was established in 2013 and is abstracted and indexed by CSA , ProQuest , and DBLP databases. 
- Computational creativity
- Jump up^ Zhang, Lu; Yang, Hongji . “Knowledge Discovery in Creative Computing for Creative Tasks” . Creativity in Intelligent, Technologies and Data Science . Communications in Computer and Information Science. 535 . Springer . pp. 93-104. doi : 10.1007 / 978-3-319-23766-4_7 . Retrieved 19 March 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “International Journal of Creative Computing” . Inderscience Publishers . Retrieved 19 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Creative Computing – An Introductory Computing Curriculum Using Scratch” . Harvard University . Retrieved 24 February 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Creative Computing” . MIT Media Lab . Massachusetts Institute of Technology . Retrieved 24 February 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Creative Computing – BSc (Hons)” . UK: University of West London . Retrieved 10 November 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Creative Computing – BSc (Hons)” . UK: Bath Spa University . Retrieved 20 March2016 .
- Jump up^ “Creative Computing BA (Hons)” . UK: Falmouth University . Retrieved 24 February2017 .
- Jump up^ “BSc (Hons) Creative Computing” . UK: Goldsmiths, University of London . Retrieved 20 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Creative Computing (BSc, Diploma and Work Entry Road)” . UK: University of London . Retrieved 20 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Creative Computing – I152 BEng (Hons) 3 years” . UK: Queen Mary, University of London . Retrieved 24 February 2017 .
- Jump up^ “BSc (Hons) – Creative Computing” . UK: Wrexham Glyndŵr University . Retrieved 20 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ “International Journal of Creative Computing” . DBLP . Retrieved 25 November 2016 .